Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry (belated) Christmas

Merry Christmas, everyone!  I've been MIA not only because it's been Christmas, but because my children have become more of a priority for me.  I've learned that the more I pay attention to them, the better they behave.  I suppose I should've figured that out a looooong time ago and perhaps I have, it's just that after 8 1/2 years of staying home with them and giving them 100% of my attention all the time, I thought I could at least spend a little time here and there for me.  Again, perhaps I'm wrong....

Yes, my kids have needed my attention but my computer has needed even more of my attention.  My computer got hit with a horrible virus a.k.a. "Babylon search engine" that ate up my memory and made my computer run slow.  It took 4 days to fix it and my fan was running so much, the keyboard was hot to the touch.  Among trying to fix my computer, I was working diligently on getting my yearly slideshow done for Christmas.  I create a slideshow of my girls every year that's set to music for my family for Christmas.  Sure beats sitting with a boring album and it takes way less time organizing it than it takes putting photos in an album.

The first disc takes about four hours to save and burn. Any additional disc takes about an hour.  As I was burning the third disc, we watched the slideshow and I learned that one of the songs was silent.  So all over it began and this was Christmas morning.  Not too happy there, especially since I was up until 2 am.  So that's my story of why I haven't been writing lately.

We had a fabulous Christmas, except my 5-year-old ran a temperature for a few days.  She's such a tough cookie and got through most of Christmas day.  You know a child is sick when she says she'd rather go home than to go to another grandparents' house to get more presents.  The next day, I took her to the doctor and she had a really bad ear infection.  Why can't adults be that tough?















So my little girls got an iPod Touch this year.  Yes, my 5-year-old got one too.  I wasn't too keen on that idea at first but then I decided I'd rather pay a lot of money on something so my kids don't fight over it everyday.  Yeah, Parent of the Year Award right here.  But I will say that Ellen can work a computer and an iPad better than any other 5-year-old I know.  AND I can have my iPad back and the kids don't have to complain about me taking over their games anymore.  So, it's a WIN-WIN in my book!

I have tons of ideas brewing in my brain, including what I made for Christmas gifts this year to post.  Now that my computer is back and my life isn't so crazy hectic, please keep an eye out for more posts!

I gave my hubby a metal detector for Christmas this year.  He's been wanting one for a long time.  I always know when I nail it on a gift idea for him when he starts reading the manual right away.  Biggest compliment ever!

Merry Christmas, everyone!  I hope that you all had a great week and looking forward to a new year full of new possibilities and blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment