Monday, January 14, 2013

The Best Sleepover Ever!

My 8-year-old daughter, Marcella had a sleepover this past weekend.  I'm not always the biggest fan of sleepovers because Ellen is not old enough to have sleepovers yet and she tends to feel left out, especially if Marcella and her friend want nothing to do with her.  I know that Ellen has to learn that she will have a sleepover someday and yada yada, but this sleepover was different.  Marcella's friend never second guessed having Ellen around and Marcella miraculously followed suit.  There were times when Marcella was going to speak up and say she didn't want Ellen to play, but when her friend automatically included her, Marcella went along and found that it wasn't so bad having her little sister hang around afterall.  Once they included Ellen in on the fun for a short time, Ellen was ready to have her own time for a while and left them alone.  I was so impressed by the way the kids behaved, I wanted to adopt this little girl!



...And because no one fought or whined or complained, I wanted to be part of the fun, too!  The girls asked to have facials done.  Ellen and I created a "spa" in the kitchen and we took care of Marcella and her friend like they were at a real spa.  We gave them warm washcloths and made a facial mask out of oatmeal and honey.  Marcella's friend allowed Ellen to take care of her and I took care of Marcella.  No one argued over that!








They even requested cucumbers with their facials.   This was all their idea!


Giving facials was way too fun, the girls continued to get along and included Ellen, too.













Ellen gets to sleep in a fort when Marcella has a sleepover.






Sleepovers are so much fun when everyone gets along.  I wish my girls would act this way all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment