Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

My husband and I lit the town on fire last night by dropping the girls off at Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend the night and then went out eat.  I love call ahead seating.  When I worked in a restaurant as a teenager, call ahead seating was a big pain in my rear, but last night it worked in our favor big time!  We pulled up to Olive Garden, got a front parking spot, went inside to check in and waited about 30 seconds until they sat us.  We noticed a few groups/couples in the lobby nearby waiting to be seated and they didn't get sat until we were about ready to leave.  When dinner was over, we went home and crashed.  We barely made it to midnight.  Whoo hoo!  We rang in the near year with a bang... our heads banging into the pillow, that is.  We wouldn't have it any other way.

I worked on my latch hook project, too.  Oh boy, do I sound pathetic, or what?  Marcella got a latch hook project for Christmas and asked me to help her with it.  Because I'm a type A personality, if I started working on that, I wouldn't stop until it was done.  So I went and got my own.
Took me about 4 or 5 days to do it.

Traditions for New Year's in my family

Do you know why you're not supposed to eat chicken on New Year's Day?  Chickens scratch back when they eat.  Pigs snout forward.  So for good luck in the New Year, we eat pork and saurkraut because it symbolizes looking into the future.  We also gather up the shiniest and newest pennies we can find and place one penny under each plate, so we'll never be poor in the New Year.  This year, I'm opting for quarters.  Perhaps pennies is too meager of a goal.  Ha ha!

New Year's Resolution anyone?

I've never really been a big New Year's Resolution kinda person but it also doesn't seem the same if I don't. This year, my goals are simple:


  • Work on my Faith Journey
  • Be a happier person


I believe that if I work on just those two goals, everything else will fall into place.  This is my third year for having "being a happier person" as a resolution.  It's the easiest one to accomplish and frankly, it's much more fun.  I also would like to work on my blog this year.  My goal is to enhance my blog and write more about who I am so that my readers may connect with me more.  I also hope to read others' blogs, too.  I haven't been the most faithful in that area.

Many blessings to all of you in the New Year!  Happy New Year!
Credit: Jason www.clker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment