Saturday, January 26, 2019

These sayings should be outlawed My Accutane Journey

People have good intentions.  They really do, but sometimes people say things without thinking that can really make matters worse.  I am no angel.  I've said things in my life that I've put my foot in my mouth but these sayings have been said to me through my lifetime that caused me to simmer over a delayed response that I never got to say.

"She's in a better place." At my grandmother's funeral.  Yes she's in a good place but the better place was here with me.

"Just have fun with it." When trying to get pregnant for almost a year.

"You need a hobby." Sure, I'll get right on that.

"I woke up with this huge zit on my chin!" Says the woman with perfect skin, perfect hair and perfect teeth.  I sat there with my jaw on the floor staring at her with one of my worst breakouts trying extremely hard to keep my mouth shut.

"Maybe it's allergies."  Yeah, I'll stop eating everything except lettuce and water.

"Are you okay?  You look like you don't feel well."  No, I'm fine. I just didn't put on any makeup today. That phrase many years ago confirmed that I look horrible without makeup, and sadly it was the last time I ever left the house without makeup on.

"It'll get worse before it gets better."  This should never be said to anyone no matter the situation.  It's downright cruel and deserves a throat punch.

We are our own worst critic.

Everybody has a battle to fight and to me, my battle with acne is my worst battle right now. Just like that movie, "She's All That".  It's amazing how confident someone can feel on the inside when they're feeling confident on the outside.  My Accutane journey is going to "She's All That" me and I can't be any more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment