Wednesday, July 20, 2011

There's Yogurt on the Window

We've had a very busy summer so far.  If we weren't going out and doing something, we've had friends in to visit and play.  I never mind having company, especially when it's someone to keep my kids busy, like a play date.  But today was different.  I just wanted a day with nothing to do so I can get caught up on my own stuff that I needed to get done.  My daughter was constantly asking for someone to come over and play today and I said, "we don't have to schedule something exciting every minute of everyday.  You have a bedroom full of stuff, go find something to do."  She responded, "I'm going to keep whining until you let me have a friend over to play with."  So there you have it.  That was my whole afternoon.

At 8:00pm, I turned around and looked at the house.  Good gracious!  This is what I get for letting the kids have too much fun while I stayed busy on my own tasks.  Heaven forbid, I accomplish what I need to get done without regretting it!  Of course the kids' energy rapidly depleted when it was time to clean up and I was left yelling.... a lot.  How many times do I have to say, "pick up those papers and put them away" before I go crazy?  In fact, I yelled so much that I started to lose my voice.  I didn't even yell that loud, just a lot.  I don't even want to know how yogurt got smeared all over the window and why the carpet is soaked in the playroom.  This is what I get for getting something of my own done.  I remembered an article I read on Yahoo! that said "stop yelling at your kids once and for all" and it said to talk quietly to your kids instead of yelling.  My first reaction to that statement was, "why talk quietly when yelling feels so good?"  Sometimes, yelling at my kids feels good to get all my frustrations out, then again, that just adds to my frustrations.  I suppose being a mom, I just can't win.

So here I am, 11:00pm and I'm sitting here for the first time in weeks and I'm doing nothing of importance.  It feels good.  I decorated three wedding invitations today, which my goal was to get them done by Thursday.   I can't wait to take pictures of the finished keepsake.  I will post them once they are finished.  I'll tell ya, these keepsakes are a unique gift.  They are beautiful and they preserve special moments in life like a wedding, anniversary, births and graduations.   If you're ever interested, I ship, accept Paypal and I would love to do a Keepsake for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment