Saturday, July 2, 2011

What is it about slacking?

I met a new friend today and I was telling her about all the writing I do.  I realized that this sad little blog of mine has been neglected just like my journals.  When I logged into my blog to send my new friend the link, I noticed I got my first follower.  That prompted me to get back in gear.

As I sit here, listening to my dog snore under my feet, it's 11:30pm and I still have nothing important to say.  I have been busy writing for Yahoo! and of course, the Fourth of July activities has kept me very busy.  My husband has been working so much lately, I've hardly seen him in two weeks.  With that being said, I've gone borderline crazy with kids running around, me trying to write and still keep the house grounded; I'm not getting very far, or perhaps I am.  I've been double featured on Yahoo! and the beat assignments are rolling in.  I'm so excited to be writing for a reason but sadly, the lack of time given to me in a day has dwindled like mad lately.  I wonder why I'm so tired these days, then realizing it's because I've been up super late getting my own things done in peace while the kids sleep.

So, I don't have much to say, feeling like such a slacker.  I've got tons of ideas running through my mind but because they are overwhelming my brain, my brain shuts down and I have nowhere to go.  I get distracted very easily and I would swear on a hot fudge sundae that I've got ADHD.  My poor kids will always know me to have a laptop on my lap while multitasking love to them.  It's a sickness that I've created for myself.  I've read articles about going on a "technology diet" and how good it is for you to wean yourself off of technology for a while.  My brain has officially become mush and it needs adult stimulation: real knowledge and real brain exercises.  A "technology diet" would not be of best interest to me at this point.  If I did, I'd really go crazy!

Being a stay-at-home mom has been the best decision I have ever made for myself (ok, for my kids too).  I'm spoiled and I know it.  I don't have to rush out of bed, get ready, drop the kids off at daycare, work all day, come home and work some more and do it all over again.  Although, I do work just as hard as the full-time working mommies, I feel that I work even harder.  I'm sure all you moms out there feel the same. 

So here I am, jabbering on when I should be in bed.  So what keeps me slacking?  The quiet house when the kids are sleeping, no TV on for distractions, the phone is not ringing and I can sit here and waste time my own way.... and man!  Does it feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment