Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ohio's Crazy Weather

Anyone who has ever lived in Ohio knows how crazy Ohio weather can be.  In winter, the temperature can plummet to single digits and shoot up to the 50's the very next day.  Anyone I've known to come visit out of state usually end up leaving sick by the end of their stay.  I've made a friend with someone who moved to Ohio from the west coast and seriously thought she had a brain tumor after her first winter here.  When in fact, it was a sinus headache.

This morning, I woke up in such a great mood, even though my 4-year-old woke up super early herself.  I didn't get far into my daily devotion and Bible study homework but my good mood sustained itself.  The next thing I knew, the sun was shining, I had an overabundance amount of energy and I was cleaning the house.  The beds got stripped all the way to the mattress, base boards got dusted and I even cleaned out the lint and dog hair out from underneath the dryer.  I don't know what got into me... oh wait, I do!  The sunshine.  Glory be!  This sunshine is like a drug to me.  So as I was running the sweeper, I completely missed the spot in the kitchen where ants have gathered.  (Ants are a sore spot for me; that's a story for another time.)  I decided to spread some ant bait outside and noticed new Spring growth from my flowers and plants in the garden.
Some valley lily I can never remember the name

I was outside in my bare feet and short sleeves.  Uh.... it's February 1st today.  I even cracked a few windows to air out the house.

The Farmer's Almanac predicted a mild winter this year for our region.  They weren't kidding!  Only a couple of snowfalls that barely covered the ground and so much sun, it's hard to believe it's winter right now.  The only problem with this up-and-down weather is the amount of viruses and flu going around.  I'm sure this fresh air will come right back and kick me in the ass but oh, it will be worth experiencing fresh air in the middle of winter. 

Snap dragons that bloomed until the beginning of December.  This particular bloom was a little smaller right before Christmas and stayed that way until now.  It even survived the snowfalls.
My condolences for those of you who have to sit inside and work all day today.  For those of you who stay home, get outside!  The sun is the drug of choice and you can soak it all up today.  The weather is supposed to be in the 50's for a couple more days.  And yes, that's a heat wave for Ohio!


Lilac bush budding
Need to catch up on any of my Yahoo! articles?  Check out these few:

Make Your Own Lava Lamp
The Coolest Tie-Dye Craft Ever
Would You Die For Your Child?

No comments:

Post a Comment