Friday, February 3, 2012

You Are Not Alone

morguefile.com/phillwatson
Isaiah 41:13

For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

I've noticed a lot lately that when I don't spend a few minutes with God in the morning, even if it's just to say "Good morning, Lord. Thanks for today," I tend to have a bad day.  I don't really realize it until it's too late.  When I've lost my temper, yelled at my kids and huffed and puffed through everyday tasks, I realize that I'm just trying to get through the day on my own, without God's help.  When I started to realize the error of my ways, I started talking to God all day long.  "God, help me find my keys!"  "Lord, the baby won't stop crying, I need you with me."  "Hey God!  Thanks for the front-and-center parking spot!"  I would imagine a hand on my shoulder and I would smile.  Sometimes it took all my strength to smile through tears, but I would smile nonetheless.  Just those simple words and imagination makes me feel so much better and all of a sudden, my bad day gets a little brighter and brighter. 

How do you get through your tough day(s)?  When you feel nothing has gone your way, everyone around you seems grumpy as well and you just can't wait for the day to end, do you say a quick "hello" to God and ask for help?  All you have to do is know that God is with you and you don't have to get through a bad day all alone.

You are never all alone
Just make His love be known
That God will never leave you
And your bad day bids adieu 
~Jill Wright


1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend. Thank you for looking me up again and thank you for all of the support you have shown me. You are a great 'unknown' friend and I'll gladly help you achieve your goals.(Feel free to use a link or two toward my poetry, too! LOL- JK)
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete