Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Garrulous Gibberish 2/13/13




Two weeks since I've written....  Time is flying by for me.  I've learned that not only are my kids happier the less time I spend on the computer, the happier I am as well.  When I try to steal a moment away to myself to write, someone comes up to me and asks me to do something or to resolve a fight.  I often wonder why I can't focus on one thing at a time, probably because my brain is already focusing on too many things at once, I can't possibly add one more thing.  "No!  I'm doing something right now... you'll have to wait...."  Yes, I say that way too much these days.

So my update on my gluten free "diet" thing:  I've lost 6 pounds and my jeans are getting big on me.  I've done happy dances in restaurant bathrooms because I was so happy I didn't touch the bread, passed up dessert and left the table not feeling like a balloon expanded in my stomach.  I have energy in the afternoons and I danced in the dining room with my daughter and granddaughter today to a Hannah Montana song.  I THINK I accidentally ate a meal at a restaurant one night that must have contained wheat because before we got home, I thought I was going to die with the most horrendous stomach cramps.  Needless to say, my plan to try something with wheat in it after a month of going wheat free is down the drain.  I'm too scared because I think I'd rather die than to eat wheat.

We went ice skating with my daughter's Girl Scout troop last weekend.  We had so much fun that we want to go back again.  As I was still hanging onto the wall to get used to my balance, Marcella was already around the rink three times.  How in the world....?!?!  Ellen took a little longer to learn her balance but she caught on pretty quickly.  After a couple of hours, all three of us were in the center rink spinning and turning.



















Marcella was invited to a birthday party at a trampoline place last week.  I didn't want to take our nice camera in case there were a lot of people there.  When we got there, it was a private party and there weren't as many people there as I thought there would.  I kicked myself every minute of all the fantastic photos I could've taken.  So I relied on my stupid dinky cell phone camera, but at least I got a couple pictures to share with you.  I did however get on the trampolines and got some great exercise.




















It is officially cookie season for Girl Scouts and I'm the Cookie Mom.  Needless to say, that's one of my many reasons why I don't get on the computer these days.  I love being the Cookie Mom.  Yeah, I'm crazy but I do like being busy and being in charge of something adult-like.  I've added a lot more activities on the girls this year so they can earn more patches and pins so that's added to my schedule as well.  There is a contest for the scouts that if they sell 24 more boxes (or more) between now and March 1, they can get their name into a drawing to win the Build-a-Bear Thin Mint bear.  I would love for Marcella to win that bear... then again, it might be a lot less work if we just go to the store and get it for her.  So, if anyone out there who hasn't ordered cookies yet, or think you may not have ordered enough cookies, shoot me an email!

That's it for my garrulous gibberish for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment