Saturday, January 28, 2012

A leap into the 20th century

Right now, this is my favorite story to tell.

I've been using a trac cell phone for years now. Since I'm a stay at home mom, I've never needed anything more. The phone is used for my own emergencies, not for anyone else to call and chat for whatever reason. My stepkids tease me about my "dinosaur trac phone". My husband had to get his own cell phone for work and since he uses it extensively for work, he has to be able to access his email, text and many more. So he bought himself the iphone 4 a few months ago. Recently, my stepdaughter convinced her dad to give her his iphone 4, well, she had to buy it off of him. He traded that iphone 4 for an iphone 4s. My stepdaughter leaped from an old obselete cell phone to a Smart phone. I couldn't be happier for them.

When the two of them got back, my husband handed me a white cell phone with butterflies on it and said "here..." the conversation went something like this:

Jeff: Here you go.
Me: Hey, cool! Why did you pick butterflies? (looking at my stepduaghter) I thought you'd get something like zebra stripes or something.
Stepdaughter: No. (showing me her purple phone)
Me: Is this yours? (looking at my husband, very confused)
Jeff: No
Me: Is it yours? (looking at my stepdaughter)
Stepdaughter: I have mine
Me: Then this is yours? (Looking at my husband)
Jeff: No.
Me: What?
Jeff: That's your phone.
Me: No, it's kiersten's.... (very confused)
Stepdaughter: No, this is mine.
Jeff: No, Kiersten has my old phone, I have my new phone...... This is YOUR phone (speaking very slowly)
Me: What?
Me: What?!?
Me: ...... what??????? This is my phone? I don't need a phone....
Stepdaughter: If you don't want it, I'll take it....
Me: No! Wait.... What?

I've never been so confused in my whole life. What took these goons so long is that after they left Verizon, my husband had second thoughts about my dinky-little-dinosaur trac phone and went back to the store and added another iphone 4s onto our plan for me.

I told my husband that I don't deserve this phone. I don't know the first thing what it's capable of. All I need a phone for is to make phone calls and nothing more. I've got a lot to learn.

Later that night, we went out to eat (my husband was feeling super generous that day!) and I texted my stepdaughter something like this:

Ha ha ha! Hardy har har! Tee hee, ha ha! Whooo hoooo har har! Ha ha ha! Guess who's got the dinosaur phone now!!! ha ha!!!!! Love, Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment