Monday, August 13, 2012

Love Everyone. Everyone?

I was on my way to my parents' house one day and was traveling on the highway.  The kids fell asleep and I was enjoying such peace and quiet.  The traffic began to slow down to a crawl then all of a sudden, a loud buzzing noise goes flying passed me.  It made me jump and when I looked, it was a crotch-rocket motorcycle flying at least 90 MPH in between the traffic lanes.  He whizzed through many cars and got off the nearest exit.  Because I don't do sudden loud noises well, I was on the verge of tears and about to say, "You stupid.....(enter swear word here)..."  I stopped myself mid-sentence and then prayed for the poor (stupid) soul who was clearly about to kill himself or someone else.  I thought perhaps, just perhaps that kid had a good reason for flying through traffic like that.... maybe.  Just as I finished praying for his safety and the people around him, another buzzing noise comes flying through the traffic.

"And bless that stupid kid, too!  Amen!"

You know, if you ask someone about a time they tried to forgive someone for something wrong that was done to them, most often it's a story about traffic.  I came to the conclusion that roadways are a very popular place that needs forgiveness.  We have to share the road with many strangers, perhaps people we'll never see again.  It's easy to swear at and insult people we don't know or perhaps never see again when they do something wrong to us.

I've been cut off by people who stick their finger out the window at me and they were the ones cutting me off.  To me, it's very obvious that that person is clearly having a bad day and is taking it out on someone (me) that they don't know.  How easy for that to happen!

But God says, "Love thy neighbor."  (Mark 12:28)  If we all loved each other the way God wants us to, can you imagine what our world would be like?  A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind.  I suppose that's easier said than done, but if we could replace insults and mean words with prayer, maybe that's a small step that would make a huge difference!

Link up with me!  Tell me about a time you prayed for someone and felt peace.  I love reading your comments.  If you like what you've read, vote for me at the top right Top Mommy Blogs and We're On The Fence.  Have a super day!


AllAboutJillzy


No comments:

Post a Comment