Monday, October 7, 2013

Catching Up

So it's been a fantastic summer!  Not hot enough in my book.  We had a couple weeks of 90 degree weather but it didn't last long enough for me.  I've stuck with my gluten free diet for six months now and lost 30 pounds!  Here's a picture of me one year ago:
and here's me now:

I haven't felt better in years!  I have recently eaten foods with gluten in them, such as pizza and they no longer make me sick; however, they do make me break out really bad if I eat too much in one day.  So my goal is to only eat those types of food very rarely and very little of it.  Gluten also makes me feel very sluggish and moody so that's another reason to avoid the stuff.

It has helped that we've been non-stop all summer.  I love being busy!  The girls and I went to Girl Scout Summer camp.  Of course, the week we were there was the one of the two weeks we had 90 degree weather and terrible storms.  It stormed three out of the 5 days of camp but it didn't matter.  We still had a great time.

We went to Cook's Forest in Pennsylvania right after camp.  I haven't been there since I was a kid and I think it got more beautiful since.  It's quiet.... beautiful.... well, I guess I can't explain just how great being outdoors in the woods is to me!






I actually made it all the way through summer before I started counting down the days until school started.  I really didn't want school to start.  I was enjoying the carefree days of summer, but a couple weeks before school started, the girls started arguing and fighting a lot more.  Enough said about that.

Then the most amazing thing happened.  I became a Grandma, again!  Yes, I said Grandma.  Camden Charles was born on September 14, 2013, one day before Jeff's and my 12th wedding anniversary.

I get to babysit Adyson and Camden when my daughter-in-law goes back to work.  I'm so excited about it.  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the quiet mornings when both my girls are in school.  I'm trying to get things done while I'm kidless in the mornings but I just can't seem to stop being busy long enough to get stuff done.  Not too much of a problem to me. 

Since school started, I became my daughters' Girl Scout troop leader.  I absolutely love it!  We have 9 Juniors and 5 Daisies.  I knew it was going to take a lot of my time, but I had no idea it was going to suck up ALL my free time.  But I don't mind, really.  It's still the beginning of the year and both my co-leader and I are new at this. I do have tons of pictures of their bridging ceremony but they are on my big camera, and if I get that out now to upload the pictures, this post will never get done. 

I'm impressed I've gotten this far on this post in one day.

Ellen turned 6 on the 29th, along with Adyson, my granddaughter.  They are lucky enough to share a birthday.  This year, Ellen got a big party since she's in kindergarten.  Her birthday party was at Sweet and Sassy and it was the girliest girly girl party of the year!



 So that's my summer in a nutshell.  It was a fantastic summer!

So tell me, how was your summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment