Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Clean Closet

I did it.  I fought myself all the way, but like I said before,


"If you don't feel like doing something, start doing it anyway and eventually you'll feel like doing it and before you know it, it'll be done."

Once I put on some music, I kept on going.  I wish I had taken some pictures of my bedroom once I got everything out of the closet.  My husband came into the room and had to leave.  There was no room to move! 

I need more containers!  I could eliminate so much more out of our closet if I could get a couple large totes, but even our garage doesn't have room for those kinds of totes.  At least I can breathe when I go into the closet and not feel claustrophobic.

and.....  after:

You can't see in the photos, but on the right side of this picture, the shelf is completely clear.  How could I miss that in the picture????

It feels so good to have this closet done.  I threw away 2 1/2 large garbage bags, a full box of stuff, got rid of half my shoes and half of Jeff's shoes.  I even reorganized the girls' keepsake boxes.  It was fun going through their baby stuff and baby crafts.  I also found my old high school class of '95 sweatshirt.  Is it ever cool to wear those class shirts after you graduate??? 

Once I get going on my next project, cleaning out the dry sink and organizing photos and albums, I will free up another corner of my closet.  Is it weird to get excited about that?


No comments:

Post a Comment