Friday, January 10, 2014

Wish List and Goals

According to Google definitions, "happy" means:

  • Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
  • Having a sense of confidence in or satisfaction with someone or something.
  • Willingness to do something.
  • Feeling fortunate or convenient.

I've always been a happy person.  I usually find the positive in situations.  I find the glass half full. In the past, I've found contentment... for the most part.  I'm very satisfied with my life and where I am.  I am blessed.

But....

Lately, I've felt like I've lost myself.  Perhaps it's about that time, after being a stay-at-home mom for 9 years, that I'm starting to re-evaluate my life.  I've always been considered as someone's mom, someone who is always there, who knows where lost items can be found, how to warm up leftovers, someone who can make anything into a craft, willing to play Barbies and make silly faces at babies.  Before I was all that, I was a professional interpreter, I went to college, managed a business office and went to business meetings where my opinions were wanted and valued. 

My brain is turning to mush.

I have become someone who can no longer simply multitask a phone call and dishes at the same time.  Someone who's any sliver of extra energy just went down the bleached toilet.  Someone who had to google how to make change and re-learn how to reduce fractions.

But all is not lost!

Above all, I AM happy.  Just the thought of going back to work is enough to send me hurling to the bathroom.  I have no desire to go back to work, or even go back to college, at least not right now.  I love taking care of my family.  I really don't mind doing the laundry and cooking dinner.... well, most of the time. 

So in search of myself, my insanity and finding who I've become in the last 10 years of my life, my Happiness Project continues....

With two lists.  One is to complete tasks I've wanted to do for a long time and always had an excuse not to conquer.  The other is my Wish List that will include things I wish to do; adventures. I don't have a schedule or a time frame to accomplish these things.  I feel that if I put a time limit on myself, interruptions, limited schedule availability and sometimes means (all reasons that can be out of my control) could result in failure; however, I do have a goal to complete all these tasks in this year.  

Conquer Household Goals

Simplify! Simplify! Simplify!
Clean out bedroom closet
15 minutes of agony
Clean out dry sink
Organize photo albums
Spring clean each room


My Happy List

Smile more
Be silly more
Learn to say "No"
Learn something new
Embark on new adventures
One-on-one time with my girls
Monthly date night with my hubby       

...Enjoy the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment