Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Apple Ring Pudding

Want some comfort food that is a very filling dessert?   Try this dessert in the crock pot.  This recipe came from The Everything Slow Cooking For a Crowd Cookbook by Katie Thompson, F+W Publications, Inc.

6 Tb Butter
6 apples
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Use one-third of the butter to butter a loaf pan.  Peel and core the apples, then slice crosswise and layer in the pan.

2. Cream the remaining butter with the sugar.  Stir in the water.  Sift the flour with the cinnamon and combine with the creamed mixture.

3. Spread the batter over the apples.

4. Loosely cover the loaf pan with foil or other lid.  Place on a trivet or rack in the slow cooker, and pour water around the base of the trivet.

5. Cover and heat on high setting for 2-3 hours.

My review:  This dessert was very filling.  I didn't have a trivet or even a rack that I could fit in my crock pot but I did have a small corning bowl that I put upside down.  I ended up using 2 very large green apples and that was more than enough apples for this recipe.  I had this apple pudding in the slow cooker for about 2 hours and the apples came out very well cooked.  So the next time I try this recipe, I would add an extra apple and try to slow cook it for 1 1/2 hours instead.  I like a little crisp to my cooked apples.  Then again, my crock pot can cook a meal in half the time than the recipe calls for.

I suggest borrowing this book from the library or purchasing it through Amazon.  There are 300 recipes that you can make in a crock pot.  I don't know about you, but I like making a meal and forgetting about it all day and eat it when I'm ready.

Try this recipe out and shoot me a message and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment