Monday, May 2, 2011

Where do I stand?

I’ve been thinking about blogging ever since I saw the movie Julie and Julia.  I loved the fact that Julie didn’t think she had anything good to say, but needed to find a purpose in life.  I really liked that movie and I thought to myself, if she can do it, why not me?  Ever since then (it’s been about a year since I’ve seen that movie) I’ve been wondering what I could write about.

My whole family has incredible talent.  We have a couple artists, a baker and business managers.  I fall into one or more of these categories but I want a category all of my own.  I want my talent to stand out where people seek me out for that talent.  I keep convincing myself that I do have a place in this world.  I’m a stay-at-home mom where I take care of my family with 2 young children and 5 step children (who are all now adults), I manage the household, schedules and I volunteer.  And I still think…. Where is my place in the world?  The other side of my brain argues with me all the time.  I DO have a place in the world.  I’m a mother.  I’m a damn good mother!  I love my family and I would turn myself inside out for them.  I do everyday.  But there are so many mothers out there who do what I do.  I want to find that talent that I’m good at, not along with millions of other people.

I write what I know.  Is there anyone out there who would be interested in what I write about?  Maybe.  Do I care?  Should I care?  Not really.  Perhaps, someday, my children will be interested in what I have to say.  In the meantime, I will pray and strive to find that talent I know I’m good at.  I will be a great mom until I find that one thing I’m good at.  Only in God’s time will my place be put out there with what God sees fit…. and I’m going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment