Wednesday, July 4, 2012

10 Secrets to a Happy Marriage

I recently visited my sister and noticed a picture frame on her end table that I made for her and her family a few years ago for Christmas.  I had forgotten all about it but didn't give it too much thought.  The second time I visited, I noticed the picture frame on a different table.  We started talking about it and I told my sister how honored I felt that she still has the picture frame out in a place where it can be seen.  It was the easiest Christmas present to make but the message meant a lot to me and wanted to share it with the people I love in a creative way.  Now I want to share it with all of you. 


I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. ~Phil 4:13
For nothing is impossible with God.  ~Luke 1:37

Ten Secrets to a Happy Marriage

1.     God has you here to serve one another.  Love acted out is serving.

2.     Women need respect and nurturing. Love your wife so she knows you’d lay your life down for her. Continue to date her and admire her. Share a hobby- find something you can do to have fun together.

3.     Laugh often.

4.     Be patient.  Love crumbles quickly under the weight of unmet expectations.

5.     Spend more time trying to fix yourself than your spouse.

6.     Keep short accounts.  Do not let the sun go down while you are angry.  Make it a habit to forgive.

7.     Determine up front that divorce is not an option.

8.     Learn about love languages.  Not all people show love or receive it the same way. You want a back rub and your spouse wants a clean kitchen.  The love languages are fairly simple:  acts of service, time, physical touch, gifts, and words of affirmation.  Learn them.  Love is better received when it’s in the language that person speaks.

9.     Words of affirmation are a love language for all men.

10.    Men are born to be leaders.  He cannot lead unless she gives him the confidence to do so. Confident men do not seek love outside the home.

God is always faithful, whether a person is in a season of blessing or a season of growing, whether in triumphs or trials.  Life is a better ride when you let God take the wheel.  Because along the way there will bound to be unexpected turns; and some turns only God can maneuver.

Karen Kingsbury
Firstborn Series 

Join the Prayer Station!  What are you praying about?
 
 AllAboutJillzy





For all my family and friends that they may have blessed and happy marriages. That they may overcome any trials and tribulations, love and depend on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment