Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, We Went to Camp, We're Home!

I was MIA this week because my daughters and I went to Girl Scout camp.  At first I wasn't very motivated to go.  Perhaps it was the weather, the lack of energy from being pitifully out of shape or just that I wanted to be lazy, period.  But of course we went and ended up having a blast!  I saw old friends, met two new friends and even my daughters made friends, too.  The weather was perfect and for having such a large group this year, everything went very smooth.



Creeking is one of my favorite camp activities.  We found all kinds of critters and crayfish and the girls earned their creeking patch.
The preschool unit got to swim everyday, blow bubbles, eat popsicles and go on little hikes.  They did some pretty neat crafts, too.  If it weren't for the preschool unit, I'd never be able to volunteer myself!

So Marcella made a new friend, nicknamed "Dolphin".  She brought to camp a little dolphin costume and Marcella fell in love.  She made her own today but we don't have any pretty blue paint.  So once we get to the craft store, we'll take a picture of that to show you.  Our advanced campers really made an impression on these girls!


Just a bit of camp fun:  What is this a picture of?  The water was low enough to see something, but there was a debate...  what do you think?  Hint:  It's NOT a turtle!


And lastly, my hibiscus tree was loaded with flowers this week.  After a little sprinkle of rain this morning, this is what I saw.

It was nice to lay around and be lazy today.  I woke up this morning and felt like a truck hit me.  If I wasn't so sore and tired, I'd go back for another week of camp!








2 comments:

  1. Re: Mystery object in water...I know I know!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the mystery in the water? I have zero guesses. I'm bad at guessing.

    ReplyDelete