Sunday, July 8, 2012

10 Things That Make Me Smile - A Linky-Do!

 My blog has been looking very lonely lately. It's been a very long time since a comment has been posted and I'm missing my readers!  Where are you all????  It probably doesn't help that I haven't had much time to post new stuff, with little time to read other blogs, and this coming week is not going to be any better.  My daughters and I have Girl Scout summer camp so we'll be hiking in the woods, making crafts and cooking over an open fire.  I'm so thankful that we didn't have camp last week where it was over 100 degrees outside.  This week is going to be much nicer and a little cooler.  SO!  Since I'll be MIA most this coming week, I'm adding a Linky!  I want to hear from YOU and your friends, and your followers, and anyone else out there who doesn't have a blog who can at least comment.  Let me know you're still out there, folks!

Link up with me!!!  What makes you smile?

10 Things That Make Me Smile

1.  Waking up to sunshine

2.  Seeing my husband walk through the door when he gets home from work

3.  Getting a hand-written letter in the mail

4.  Watching hummingbirds and butterflies in my garden
morguefile.com/juditu


5.  Children's laughter (and hugs)

6.  Chocolate chip cookies

7.  Shooting stars

8.  Watching people dance


9.  Christmas morning


10.  Seeing my daughters get along and playing nice

11. The ocean and everything about it

12.  A clean house

13.   Our dog, Koda Bear

14.  Fresh line-dried bed sheets

There are a lot of things that make me smile so I couldn't stop at 10.  I want to hear from you!  What are 10, 5, 20 things that make YOU smile?



3 comments:

  1. 1. A beautiful sunset
    2. A rainbow in the sky after a rainstorm
    3.Seeing my children show a Christlike love to others
    4.Watching my husband develop into a wonderful christian man
    5.Noticing a couple who have been happily married for 40, 50, 60 years.
    6.Reading scripture and seeing how it plays out in my life
    7.Knowing that God loves me no matter what
    8.True forgiveness
    9.Watching lightning bugs light the night sky like diamonds
    10.Sunrays piercing through the clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. copying a comment from email.... posted below:

    I tried to put a comment on your blog but couldn't. So, I'm sending it to you instead. Love you!



    The ten things that make me smile are:

    A big hug and kiss from my grandchildren. (They love you unconditionally!)
    Seeing someone smile when you give them a little craft item that you made.
    The sunrise and sunset.
    A long walk on the beach in the early morning.
    A long chat with a dear old friend.
    Hanging out with my sister.
    Lunch out with a friend.
    A painting you just finished working on.
    A recently cleaned house.
    Fresh sheets hung outside.
    A summer's breeze.
    First sight of flowers in the spring.
    Sitting on the deck first thing in the morning while drinking your morning cup of coffee.
    The sound of birds and turkeys in the morning.
    Making memories with your children and now their families.
    An unexpected compliment.
    A lit Christmas tree in the dark.
    The squeals of excitement on Christmas morning with the grandchildren.
    God's arms wrapped around me in heavy times.
    Reading my daughter's articles for Yahoo. She's awesome!
    (Ooops! Guess I have more than ten things that make me smile...and I could have gone on further!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove waking up to sunshine and I REALLY love when my hubby walks through the door too... It always puts a huge smile on my face! And who DOESN'T love getting hand written letters in the mail? (I just wish I actually got some! It's depressing to only get bills and junk mail!) :( Watching people dance also makes me laugh.... it's even better when people CAN'T dance, haha! And of course I LOVE a clean house (hate doing the cleaning though) and the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete