Monday, May 14, 2012

Beauty Handywork

I got to sleep in today until 9am.  Yes, that’s sleeping in.   I actually got to enjoy two cups of coffee before my coffee maker beeped and shut off on me.  It was going to be a good day!

As I was catching up with a friend on the phone, I noticed the ants starting to come in underneath the back door.  All of a sudden, the caulking under the door frame got on my nerves.  While I was on the phone, I gathered up caulking supplies (I LOVE my cordless phone!) and got to work.  It didn’t take me long to complete the job and with my veins loaded with caffeine and a whole day ahead of me, I couldn’t stop at the door.  I continued on to the kitchen counters and the windows.  Still motivated, I moved on to the half bath. Now, understand that my house has needed to be re-caulked for a very long time.  I’ve had all the supplies for over a year but just never got around to doing it.  The room that needed caulking the most was the master bathroom.  By this time, it was around 6:30 and I was just barely finished with scraping the old caulking and bleaching out the mold.  So I broke for dinner.

I love my kids playing with the neighborhood kids.  They keep them busy and my girls don’t fight.  I can get a lot done when they are occupied all day.

Kitchen counter top

So once I got the kids to bed, I caught a quick shower and the unfinished job in the bathroom was calling my name.  I got re-motivated but this time, I did my favorite kind of multitasking.  I put on a pore cleansing face mask and finished caulking the whole bathroom in my pajamas.  By 11:30pm, my job was finished!  I must say that I’m a much better caulker than my husband.  I stepped back and enjoyed my handiwork.  I don’t know what got into me today but boy does it feel good to get a big project out of the way.  My iPhone calls me “Supermom”.  I was definitely Supermom today! Next task:  CLOSETS!

Bathroom counter top

No comments:

Post a Comment