Monday, May 14, 2012

A Letter

Dear Stepson,

When I first came into your family, I knew you didn’t want to fully accept me, but your heart was good and you gave me a chance.  You kept your guard up but a long time later, you eventually etched away enough to let me in.  You were the first to really accept me and that was when I fully became part of your family, our family.  It warms my heart when you hug me every time we see each other.  You automatically include me in everything, and I don’t feel like a “stepmom” around you.  Now you have your own family and you keep me with you.  That means more to me than anything in the world.  You have shown me so much love and you’ve never labeled me anything other than “part of our family.”  Thank you for loving me for who I am, helping me to make our family love and for allowing me to be “Grandma”.

All my love,
Mom ²

How sad is it that this is the most current picture of me and my granddaughter. That is going to change right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment