Friday, May 11, 2012

Embracing Life


“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” -George Bernard Shaw




I remember going through a whole week in eighth grade putting class lessons aside to fill out numerous “get to know yourself” kind of surveys. The purpose was to figure out what you wanted to do in life. Categories were topics like what you’re good at, if you want to work with your hands, feet, eyes, brain, in groups, alone, on and on. I already knew what I wanted to do in life and after a while, I started to manipulate the questions to come up with the categories I wanted to conclude. Back then, I already knew who I was and who I wanted to be. Even though I’ve grown a lot between middle school, high school, college, after graduation, married life, kids and now, I never really changed who I was. I didn’t need life to help me find who I was. I needed life to happen so I could take the lessons I learned during those phases and created myself.
Are you letting life whiz by and forgetting to let it create who you are to become? Or are you embracing life the way God wants us to? How is your life creating you?




No comments:

Post a Comment