Friday, May 11, 2012

Getting Started

“You don’t have to be great to get started, but you have to get started to be great.” -Les Brown
I’m having a boring day. It’s so rare that I ever say that. For now, I’m blaming it on the Easter candy I just got done eating when I was sorting out my kids’ baskets. I know what jelly beans do to me and I ate them anyway. Actually, I thought it was an M&M and once I started on the jelly beans, well, I’m done for. Why can’t I ever learn my lesson?
The house is a mess, the kids are being lazy (shocker!) and I have plenty of things that can be done. I just don’t feel like doing anything. Most often, all I have to do is say it out loud and all of a sudden, I jinx myself and I find motivation and I’m getting things done. So here I am….
Les Brown’s quote reminds me of when I first started blogging. My very post talks about me trying to find that special talent that I was born to do. You can read Where Do I Stand? so you know what I’m talking about. I was trying to figure out what my purpose in life was (besides being a mother) and so I thought I’d give blogging a try and see where it took me.
I am very proud of where my blogging has taken me. It has made me step out of my shell and forced me to learn something. So perhaps my blogging purpose at first wasn’t all that great but I had to get started with something to turn into something great.
Have a blessed day!
“Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” ~Leo Buscaglia


No comments:

Post a Comment