One thing I found was a prayer card titled “Teen Creed.” I’ve had this card since forever, probably elementary school. I’m sure my mom gave it to me and I’ve kept it all these years. I’ve passed the words on this prayer card to one other teenager in the past but I’ve never shared it with anyone else. It’s time I share this Teen Creed with all the other teenagers out there in the world. I will surely share this card with my young girls in hopes they will follow them when they become teenagers.
- Don’t let your parents down, they brought you up.
- Be humble enough to obey, you may give orders someday.
- Choose companions with care, you become what they are.
- Guard your thoughts, what you think, you are.
- Choose only a date who would make a good mate.
- Be master of your habits, or they will master you.
- Don’t be a show off when you drive, drive with safety and arrive.
- Don’t let the crowd pressure you, stand for something or you’ll fall for anything.
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother – which is the first commandment with a promise – that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.” ~ Ephesians 6:1