Thursday, May 24, 2012

Health Kick Kickstart - Avocado Smoothie

As I gobbled down my late-night kale salad, I'm eager to write about my new smoothie recipe. This smoothie, you've got to try! I'm not a fan of avocado on its own but blend it up in a sweet smoothie, I'm there!  This one was WITHOUT the plastic chunks.

Healthy Avocado Smoothie


One avocado
One apple, peeled and sliced
1 packet of Sweet Leaf Stevia (or 1 TB sugar)
1 c. unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
handful of ice

Blend well.  Enjoy.

I've tried this smoothie with regular milk and sugar and no apple and it's good.  I've even tried it with honey instead of sugar.  It just doesn't quite cut it without Stevia and almond milk.  Not only is the smoothie much better for you, it tastes much smoother (like a milkshake) and with just the right amount of sweetness.

I'd love to hear what you think of this smoothie!

1 comment:

  1. That one actually looks drinkable- not like the one with kale in it. I might have to try this. Your right it does look like the shamrock milkshake lol

    ReplyDelete