Monday, May 14, 2012

Get 'er Done

I’m sitting here by the computer, smelling the dog at my feet and wondering what to write about.  All this week, I’ve had many projects to do with the mentality of, “why bother?”  It’s such a poor attitude to have.  Many projects I’ve been dying to conquer: crafts to write about, closets to organize, kitchen floor to mop, topics for articles to write, blogs to capture and I got none of them done but 1… and a half.  I mopped the kitchen floor today but it was only done half-assed.  That’s all I had time for.  At least my socks don’t stick to the floor anymore.  My good friend Rachael gave me a kick-butt idea for a crafts article.  Wait ’til you see this one!  I can’t start that until I go get supplies.  I’m psyched about it!  I did get one article written and submitted but that’s because I did that during our “tv down time”.  My hubby watched TV while I worked.  Didn’t seem very fair but that’s what I get with this “why bother?” attitude.
I honestly don’t know which Bible scripture to write about.  I confess that I didn’t do my daily Lenten devotional today because my 4-year-old woke me up at 6:15 this morning.  She never went back to sleep, leaving me with no “me time” this morning.  That’s okay but I now need to buckle down and do it tonight instead of doing other things I want/need to do.  Again, poor attitude.  I don’t know what my deal is. I’m in a very happy mood, despite all the drama today. Perhaps a bit overwhelmed….
So let me leave you with this thought for now from The Pleasantries of the Incredible Mulla Nasrudin by Idries Shah:
The Mulla’s neighbour wanted to borrow his clothes-line.
‘Sorry,’ said Nasrudin, ‘I am using it.  Drying flour.’
‘How on earth can you dry flour on a clothes-line?’
‘It is less difficult than you think when you do not want to lend it.’

We can make excuses about anything we want.  Let’s stop making excuses, buckle down and get ‘er done!  With that being said, I’m signing off and I’m going to go make some excuses to not clean up the day’s mess.  Oh wait, I already did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment